(March 15-23, 2019)
Then Jesus came to them and said, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.’
We are going to the city of San Luis in the state of Sonora, Mexico; as we have done for the last 20 years.
We are involved with a local church, Templo Sinai, that is pastored by Carlos Bravo. Over the last twelve years, we’ve developed systems for cooking, security, church services, and transportation. Our whole team will be camping in tents for the six days we are in Mexico, which is close to Pastor Carlos’ house.
The seventeen years of ministry in this community has served to grow our hearts for them, but also to grow their hearts for us.
For those of you who are considering joining our Mexico trip, here are some expectations we have for all students and staff:
- You will be part of a team and will be expected to participate in all activities and assignments (Team meeting dates listed below).
- You must be able to follow the instructions of our hosts and leaders without question.
- Flexibility is a must. Plans are subject to change for a variety of reasons.
- You will be working in a different culture. We are asking that you put aside your personal biases about other cultures and be respectful in a community that we are visiting. We are called to love on these people and show God’s love through our actions and words. We ask that you be respectful at all times, even if you don’t agree with their traditions and culture.
- Complete online form. Must be in High School or are College Age (17-25 y.o.).
- Must have valid U.S. Passport (I encourage you to start this process ASAP, as it could take up at 6-8 weeks to receive).
- Must be a regular attendee or member of Crossroads Grace Community Church or of the Crossroads High School Group (if in High School).
- Upon completion of your application, you will be contacted by Bill Walmer regarding your addition to the team.
- You are required to cover the entire cost of the trip through support raising (approximately $450), which includes transportation, lodging, and food (except en route to/from destination). As well as a $35 deposit.
- You are required to cover any personal costs during the trip. This includes snacks or meals en route, drinks, souvenirs, etc.
*APPLICATION SUBMISSION DEADLINE: January 23, 2019
We will be having a parent meeting on January 13, 2019, to answer questions. However, feel free to email me with any questions.
Team Meetings and Important Dates:
January 27, Team Meeting
February 10, Team Meeting
February 17, Team Meeting
March 3, Team Meeting
March 7 &10, Team Commisioning
March 10, Team Meeting
March 14, Luggage Drop Off
March 16, The Mission Begins
If you would like to make a donation, click the following link.
HS & College Director