High School Mission Trip
(March 14-20, 2020)
Then Jesus came to them and said, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.’
If you are interested in partnering with our team, there are several ways. First, we covet your prayers-we know that God hears the prayer of his people and is moved to action when his people intercede for one another. The second way is by donating funds. Each student is required to raise $450 for this mission. The money goes towards food, lodging, travel expenses, construction projects, and VBS material. Third, we have a list of items that we need to make this trip work. Check the needs list to see we still need to make the trip happen.
If you would like to make a donation, click the following link:
check the needs list, click the following link:
We are going to the city of San Luis in the state of Sonora, Mexico; as we have done for over 20 years.
We are involved with a local church, Templo Sinai, that is pastored by Carlos Bravo. Over the last twelve years, we’ve developed systems for cooking, security, church services, and transportation. Our whole team will be camping in tents for the six days we are in Mexico, which is close to Pastor Carlos’ house.
The many years of ministry in this community have served to grow our hearts for them, but also to grow their hearts for us.
For those of you who are considering joining our Mexico trip, here are some expectations we have for all students and staff:
- You will be part of a team and will be expected to participate in all activities and assignments (Team meeting dates listed below).
- You must be able to follow the instructions of our hosts and leaders without question.
- Flexibility is a must. Plans are subject to change for a variety of reasons.
- You will be working in a different culture. We are asking that you put aside your personal biases about other cultures and be respectful in a community that we are visiting. We are called to love on these people and show God’s love through our actions and words. We ask that you be respectful at all times, even if you don’t agree with their traditions and culture.
- Complete online form. Must be in High School or a High School Tag Team Member.
- Must have valid U.S. Passport (I encourage you to start this process ASAP, as it could take up at 6-8 weeks to receive).
- Must be a regular attendee or member of Crossroads Grace Community Church or of the Crossroads High School Group (if in High School).
- Upon completion of your application, you will be contacted by Bill Walmer regarding your addition to the team.
- You are required to cover the entire cost of the trip through support raising (approximately $450), which includes transportation, lodging, and food (except en route to/from destination). As well as a $35 deposit.
- You are required to cover any personal costs during the trip. This includes snacks or meals en route, drinks, souvenirs, etc.
*APPLICATION SUBMISSION DEADLINE: JANUARY 15th
There will be an information meeting on Jan 12th at 1:30 PM. This will be your opportunity to hear about the trip and ask questions. Hope to see you there.
Team Meetings and Important Dates:
March 8, Commissioning
If you are interested in being a part of this mission:
If you would like to make a donation, click the following link.
HS & College Director