San Diego Missions Trip
“For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.”Deuteronomy 15:11
SAVE THE DATE
MARCH 13-19 2022
Why do a short-term mission trip to San Diego?
San Diego is a unique city in terms of climate, beauty, and economic disparity. San Diego County has over 70 miles of some of the best beaches in the country, in addition to some of the United State’s best attractions, including Legoland and the San Diego Zoo. With a population of 1.3 million people in the city and a total of 3.3 million in San Diego County, it is the second-largest city in California and the eighth largest in the United States.
Sadly though, San Diego has a very large marginalized population who live in desperate poverty. According to the 2020 census 330,000 people live in poverty in San Diego County. It’s estimated that around 10,000 people living in San Diego county are homeless. With such desperate poverty, the need to serve the city of San Diego is great.
Crossroads High School Ministry is excited about supporting local efforts to alleviate poverty in San Diego by partnering with local organizations. Places like Bridge of Hope whose mission is to strengthen people in transition such as; individuals previously experiencing homelessness, domestic violence victims, refugees, and many other marginalized communities. We can expect to serve other places like San Diego Food Bank, which provides 63 million pounds of food to over 555,000 people per month in San Diego County.
With such large scale needs the Crossroads High School ministry will grow a heart for helping the homeless
If you are interested in being a part of this missions team, click on the button below to complete the application form:
If you are interested in partnering with our team, there are several ways you can help.
- First, we covet your prayers. We know that God hears the prayer of his people and is moved to action when his people intercede for one another.
- Second, is by donating funds. Each student is required to raise $450 for this missions trip. The money goes towards food, lodging, travel expenses, and ministry materials.
- Third, is by donating a needed item. We have a list of items that we need to make this trip work. Check the needs list to see what we still need to make the trip happen.
If you would like to make a donation, please click the button below:
If you would like to assist with a team need, please click the button below to view our ministry needs list:
We are going to the city of San Diego, where we will invest our time in reaching out to those in the community. We have developed plans for housing, meals, and transportation. Our whole team will have a glimpse of what it means to be together as the early church in Acts 2 experienced.
For those of you who are considering joining our San Diego trip, here are some expectations we have for all students and TAG Team Leaders:
- You will be part of a team and will be expected to participate in all meetings.
- Team members need a willingness to follow the instructions of our hosts & leaders.
- Flexibility is the key! Plans are subject to change at any moment while in San Diego.
- Be respectful in the community that we are visiting. We are called to love and show God’s love through our actions and words. We ask that you be respectful to others at all times.
- Complete the online form. Must be in High School or a High School Tag Team Member.
- Must be a regular attendee or member of Crossroads Grace Community Church or of the Crossroads High School Group (if in High School).
- Upon completion of your application, you will be contacted by Pastor Dan regarding your addition to the team.
- You are required to cover the entire cost of the trip through support raising (approximately $450), which includes transportation, lodging, and food (except en route to/from destination). As well as a $50 deposit.
- You are required to cover any personal costs during the trip. This includes snacks or meals en route, drinks, souvenirs, etc.
*APPLICATION SUBMISSION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 13, 2022
A parent meeting will be offered prior to the application deadline. The meeting is scheduled for January 30, 2022, at 1:15pm. We will meet at Crossroads in room 208.
Team Meetings and Important Dates:
Meeting Dates – Sundays (at 1:15pm)
Feb. 13, &
Trip Dates – Sunday, March 13, to Friday, March 19.